- It’s going to take him several weeks/months to start saying that he’s “19 years old.” He’ll continue to say “18 years old” for a while.
- In Georgia, he has three more years of public school.
- A year later, we’re still battling with Social Security to get him benefits that he should have received when he was 18 — the government is a fucking asshole.
- He’s happy as can be watching YouTube videos — because he can read and write, he can search for what he wants — primarily elevator videos, bathroom videos, roller coasters, domino falls, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Adele.
- His trampoline in his living room is his main exercise — he loves jumping on it and big thanks to my wife Kristy for setting that up for him.
- We are reaching out to various group homes to see where he can live. He’s going to need Pollexy technology, so every call I’m mentioning what I can provide and they are very interested.
- Working for a large technology company, I’m doing everything I possibly can to drive my company’s technology to make his quality of life the best it can possibly be.
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
admin has contributed 2 entries to our website, so far.View entries by admin
You also might be interested in
Publish the first version of the transparency dashboardGet Calvin’s overnight[...]
Calvin’s step-mom and I love taking care of Calvin and that responsibility is incredibly fulfilling. Calvin
A brief timeline of the past 11 hours
Who am I?
I am the parent of a special needs son Calvin, who born in July 2000. The purpose of this blog is to provide technology solutions to improve the quality of life for people with special needs and their caretakers.
For computer people:
I’m a cloud architect, DevOps enthusiast, Raspberry Pi fanatic and a developer for over 20 years, with expert skills in Python/Node/C#
Leave a Reply