Calvin Turned 19 Yesterday, So . . .
- It’s going to take him several weeks/months to start saying that he’s “19 years old.” He’ll continue to say “18 years old” for a while.
- In Georgia, he has three more years of public school.
- A year later, we’re still battling with Social Security to get him benefits that he should have received when he was 18 — the government is a fucking asshole.
- He’s happy as can be watching YouTube videos — because he can read and write, he can search for what he wants — primarily elevator videos, bathroom videos, roller coasters, domino falls, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Adele.
- His trampoline in his living room is his main exercise — he loves jumping on it and big thanks to my wife Kristy for setting that up for him.
- We are reaching out to various group homes to see where he can live. He’s going to need Pollexy technology, so every call I’m mentioning what I can provide and they are very interested.
- Working for a large technology company, I’m doing everything I possibly can to drive my company’s technology to make his quality of life the best it can possibly be.